The project identifies 27 hubs among ports, airports, bus and railway stations and merge the different existing services or optimize the ones in order to establish a unique interface able to give information, data, tickets and transit times in real time.
The project achieves its objectives in the following ways:
- Creating a step-change in existing infrastructures, trying to exploit all the mobility systems with a unique ticket and/or no ticket.
- Improving an existing network merging different hubs in an extensible platform.
- Leveraging ICT* and providing access to customized information on individual mobility needs.
- Supporting seamless end-to-end intermodal travel based on information by travel services suppliers.
- Providing a Port/ Land standardized information system for multimodal transport providers.
- Establishing and promoting databases for providing cultural information etc.