The aim of the project is to improve efficiency and quality of activity-travel surveys – basic source of data for travel behavior analysis, design of 4-step transport planning models and research in the field of agent-based simulators of travel demand.
Within the project we will develop technological solutions of surveys using GPS/GSM technologies and design guidelines reflecting specifics of Czech Republic. Lower costs high quality data acquisition will increase the efficiency of transport planning process.
- Classification of activity-travel behavior characteristics - result has been presented at workshop organized within prestigious 10th International Conference on Transport Survey Methods (ISCTSC) and published in electronic version of conference proceedings. The paper discusses problem of data comparability between GPS and conventional travel surveys.
- Guidelines for Activity-Travel Surveys - these guidelines certified by the Ministry of Transport of the Czech Republic summarize requirements on household travel behavior surveys in the Czech Republic at national, regional and municipal level and give recommendation on its realization. It deals with topics of survey design (sampling, structure and content of questionnaire, survey mode, field work, etc.), quality control, data processing and reporting. Attachments include recommendations on technical specification in public procurements and on structure and contents of household activity-travel questionnaire.
- Feasibility study on activity-travel surveys using GPS/GSM technology - feasibility study deals with process and results of pilot testing of system for pasive travel behavior surveys. The study was carried out on representative sample of 1008 respondents from the Czech republic. The outcome is final report.
- Functional technical solutions for passive monitoring of people - the result is a functional sample device implemented in the form of cell phone applications. It was developed by separate devices, which verify the functionality of the individual components (GPS, GSM, WIFI).
- GIS database interface for communication with the GPS module - GIS database interface for communication with the GPS module. The resulting software will be part of collection of active-travel data.