ITRACT aims to improve the connectivity and accessibility of remote areas in the North Sea Region through the integration of innovative transport and communication infrastructure.
The project will focus on the development and use of novel ICT applications and brings together technology experts - in the fields of ICT, satellite, wireless broadband and sensor technology - with socio-economic experts.
- Design of innovative information architecture and exchange mechanisms for intelligent and efficient transport solutions
- Pilot actions (e.g. more efficient train, bus and car sharing services)
- Training modules to encourage people to make use of the new services
- Transnational business models for ICT based transport services
- Policy report and recommendations regarding the implementation of intelligent transport services
- Improved smart algorithms
- Dynamic scheduling and incentivizing strategies for sustainable transport