Incentivising Technology Adoption for Accelerating Change in ATM
The goal of ITACA is to accelerate the development, adoption and deployment of new technologies in ATM. In order to contribute to achieving this general objective, ITACA will develop a new set of methodologies and tools enabling the rigorous and comprehensive assessment of policies and regulations aimed at amplifying the uptake of new technologies within ATM.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Identify the main drivers and barriers for technological change in ATM and devise a set of policy measures and regulatory changes with the potential to lower such barriers and incentivise faster technology upgrade.
- Develop an agent-based model of the R&I lifecycle allowing the representation of the complex decisions and interactions between ATM stakeholders and their impact on the development and implementation of new technologies.
- Validate the behavioural assumptions of the agent-based model through a set of participatory simulation experiments involving the direct participation of ATM stakeholders.
- Demonstrate and evaluate the potential of the newly developed methods and tools through a set of policy assessment exercises that will analyse the impact of a variety of policies and regulatory changes aimed at accelerating technology change in ATM, with particular focus on the distributional effects of the proposed policies across ATM stakeholders and society at large.
- Consolidate the methods, tools and lessons learnt delivered by the project into a coherent policy assessment framework and a set of policy recommendations, and provide guidelines for the future maintenance, evolution and use of the proposed framework.