Background & Policy context
There is a need to:
- Improve the localisation of traffic accidents within the road network;
- Define data sources necessary for proposing safety measures;
- Prepare data sources and define processes to improve the use of available information in decision-making processes; and
- Assess traffic problems and create a database of safety measures with unified classification and full coverage of the whole territory of the Czech Republic.
Project objectives are:
- The improvement of localisation of traffic accidents in the road network;
- To allow proposals for operative solutions;
- To allow dissemination of operative measures via Alert-C information channels;
- To provide the option of long-term measure proposals including financial viability monitoring.
The project will undertake the following tasks:
- Accumulation and analysis of materials related to traffic accidents and long-term accident prevention measures applied;
- Preparation of a technical regulation for localisation of traffic accidents within the road network. Design and development of a system allowing for accident localisation and central evidence;
- Preparation of a technical regulation for a proposal of operative measures and their central evidence; design and development of a system allowing for proposals of operative measures and central evidence; design and development of a system allowing for distribution of the measures in the Alert-C format;
- Preparation of a technical regulation for proposals for long-term measures; design and development of a system allowing for proposal of long-term measures and their central evidence;
- Development of a process model and technical regulation for road accident localisation.
Ministry of Transport & Communications
Type of funding