INNOVATIVE SYSTEM FOR AIRCRAFT FUNCTIONAL TESTING
The objective of the proposal is the design and development of an innovative system for the functional testing of aircraft. The key development and innovation points are:
- Autonomous working mode, potentially in the absence of the operator, along with the autonomous management of the failures (smart assistance for error management); should a failure be detected, the system will propose the possible causes, also generating a non-compliance form, without the intervention of one operator.
- Shrink the time needed to produce a complete ATP (Acceptance Test Procedure), along with the necessary reporting.
- Distributed architecture: the complexity and wired links length is significantly reduced by adopting a multi-function main unit, wireless connected with interchangeable peripherals and thus simply placing a single (small) unit near the device to be monitored.
High modularity, achieved by:
- a variable number of boards that can be plugged on the bus;
- different peripheral modules that can be included in the architecture.
Completeness: the test bench will perform a complete sequence of tests, providing the stimulation signal and verifying the correctness of the results.
Logging: the results achieved by each individual test will be recorded, ensuring the future traceability (logging mode active for both the main unit and peripherals).
The architecture of the system will consist of:
- a rugged PC, working as a global controller, connected with the company server.
- a series of peripheral units, connected with the measurement points and wirelessly linked to the controller.