The project IMEI builds on the findings from the combination of energy provision, electric mobility and ICT, and specifically selects innovative areas - e.g. the distributed load management and flexible network integration of e-fleet vehicles - for further development. Apart from the technical facets, new business models are also researched and aspects from current megatrends - e.g. demographic development and urbanisation - are also integrated. All of this should lead to electric mobility becoming affordable for everyone - including customers.
Goals and approach
- Use of demand flexibility of electric vehicles, via swarm based load management and/or fleet load management for private and business customers
- Integration of local users into the charging and energy management
- Technical and economic evaluation of the network support by e-vehicles, and networking with several microgrids / area networks
- Definition of a standardised ICT services platform taking into consideration existing approaches
- Concept for market design for the provision and billing of load flexibility in a cellular Network
- Investigation of socio-economic framework conditions and aspects of demographic change in energy demand
Innovations and prospects
- Solutions for integrated, decentralised energy management for local microgrids
- Development of Data Access point Management for Smart Grid and electric mobility
- Furthermore, business models and scenarios will also be created with the focus on future growth regions, e.g. the Asian region and its metropolises. This is owed to the target markets of many Baden-Württemberg SMEs and groups, which sell their products and services, to a large extent, outside Germany and Europe.