integrated Smart GRID Cross-Functional Solutions for Optimized Synergetic Energy Distribution, Utilization Storage Technologies
The inteGRIDy project integrates cutting-edge technologies, solutions and mechanisms in a scalable cross-functional platform of replicable solutions. Through enhanced visibility of generation and consumption profiles, this platform connects existing energy networks to diverse stakeholders.
The project aims to facilitate the optimal and dynamic operation of the distribution grid. It also fosters stability of the electricity grid and coordination of distributed energy resources, virtual power plants and innovative collaborative storage schemes within an energy system with an increasing share of renewable energy.
Project's innovations are built upon:
- Integration of existing smart-metering/automation systems, together with intelligent internet of things (IoT) infrastructure, enabling interoperability through a standardized application programming interface (API)s and efficient data collection and monitoring of grid’s distributed assets.
- Novel modelling and profiling mechanisms allowing the creation of network topology and demand response models, together with battery cycling and charging profiles.
- Predictive algorithms enabling dynamic scenario-based simulation and multi-level forecasting engine for satisfying conflicting demand and supply of energy in real-time
- Powerful and efficient visual analytics and end-user applications based on the use of novel human-machine interaction techniques.
- A security access control framework, for privacy and data protection.
- Innovative business models for the energy market aiming to dynamically involve demand-response strategies and allowing new entrants to the market to participate in the distribution grid’s operations.
The inteGRIDy project plans to implement and demonstrate a solution covering the above innovations under a variety of environmental, market and societal conditions at ten sites across the EU.