The Integrated Transport Strategy for the period until 2030 was adopted by the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria with Decision No 336/23 June 2017.
The Strategy underlines the main aspects for the development of the national transport system for the period until 2030.
The Integrated Transport Strategy for the period until 2030 is elaborated in accordance with the principles of consistency, continuity and synergy with national and European strategic documents.
The strategic document complies with the requirements of the Ex-Ante Conditionalities 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 (Transport) of the European Structural and Investment Funds and with the Partnership Agreement of the Republic of Bulgaria.
In the scope of the Strategy 3 strategic objectives are determined and they include 9 strategic priorities. Each one of these priorities contains some specific measures for implementation.
The strategic objectives of the transport policy for the period until 2030 are:
- Increasing the effectiveness and competitiveness of the transport sector
- Improvement of the transport connectivity and access (internal and external)
- Limiting the negative effects of the transport sector development.
The strategic priorities of the transport sector are as follows:
- Effective maintenance, modernization and development of transport infrastructure
- Improvement of the management of the transport system
- Development of intermodal transport
- Improvement of the conditions for implementation of the principles for liberalization of the transport market
- Reduction of the consumption of fuel and increasing the energy efficiency of transport
- Improvement of the connectivity of the Bulgarian transport system with the Single European transport space
- Ensuring quality and easily accessible transport in all regions of the country
- Limiting the negative effects of transport on environment and people’s health
- Increasing security and safety of the transport system.
For the purpose of analysis are presented data on bilateral trade in the period 2007-2015. The data used are from Eurostat. The object of the statistical survey are commodities leaving or entering the statistical territory of the Republic of Bulgaria and of which form the trade of the country.
Imports (arrivals) includes all commodities entering the statistical territory of the Republic of Bulgaria from other countries, which is intended for consumption in the country, processing in the country or to be exported (sent in another country after processing) as well and import (arrival) of commodities after processing outside the country.
Exports (dispatches) include all commodities leaving the statistical territory of the Republic of Bulgaria and are intended for normal export to another country. Includes commodities and returning the trading partner after processing in Bulgaria or exported commodities for processing in another country to reverse their return to Bulgaria.
In statistical volumes of imports and exports do not include imported commodities placed under the customs warehousing procedure without processing and export - re-export of these commodities. External trade statistics does not account for commodities in transit through the territory of Bulgaria.
Foreign trade in commodities covers trade with third countries (Extrastat) and with the Member States of the European Union (Intrastat) in SITC STIC (Standard International Trade Classification).