The project addresses the issue of IN.PORT.O strengthening the maritime links between Sardinia and Corsica as a solution to assist the socio-economic growth of the two main islands of the border.
The project encourages policies and joint actions aimed at developing new solutions and enhance sustainable maritime transport networks for sustainable mobility. The aim in this way to improve the internal links and watch the classes 'social' disadvantage.
The overall objective is the strengthening of the integrated transport RO/PAX (passengers and goods) between the north-west of Sardinia and the south-west of Corsica. The main beneficiaries of the interventions provided are the managers of the activities of passenger and freight, traders and residents in the territories for intervention, with particular attention to the social classes "weak".
The main project activities are:
- Analysis of needs in the field of passenger and freight.
- Feasibility studies.
- Strengthening of the links and opening of new routes.
- Activation services "Metro del mare".
- Enabling services & Ferry; Fly.
- Support for cross-border mobility of "disadvantaged passengers".
- Implementation of the system of "Travel Planner".
- Carry out activities aimed at "Territorial Marketing" of the two local systems involved.
- Promotion of trade.
- Implementation of measures of "institutional entertainment."