The project aim is to build on the previous project financed by the Technology Agency of Czech Republic and continue in research into public transport. The main goal is to make the public transport more attractive. The project is focused on solving the following goals:
- set up a passenger transport system using tickets portable and still valid between connections carried on even by different operators. Furthermore, into this system the aim is also to incorporate the service of detours, newly introduced in the Czech Rep. the service of connection on demand (on call).
- increase the awareness of passengers, mainly in the coaches, in provision actual information about connection lines with the possibility of so-called dynamic timetables, where based on the upcoming stop information about the actual departure time of passing lines are given.
- in case of intelligent stops, we want to further merge the features of property protection and passengers’ health protection in unattended waiting rooms. The development of new control unit for the system of the service of connection (stop) on call should also be a part of this goal.
- build up fast connection, i.e. shortening check-in at stops by using new methods of check-in. Solution will be achieved by using credit cards with “smart” vehicle control unit, ticket purchase via Internet, etc. shortening of waiting on the crossroads in the cities using public transport preferences.
- using vehicle as information source for passengers. Displaying the news and spots on LCD screens.
- improving dispatching ways of management with new features, i.e. dynamic system of prediction-calculation of vehicles at the stops. Using the results for planning traffic and graficon adjustement. Introducing new ways of timetable creation with traffic monitoring and animation on the map.
- a new solution for communication structure in vehicles, development of vehicle control unit, counting passenger unit, communication unit, panel behaviour etc. Unification of communication between vehicle and dispatching is also essential.