In respect of the EU policy papers the project proposal is based on the Commission White Paper on the European transport policy, in general, and on the Directive 2002/59/EC establishing a Community vessel traffic monitoring and information system and repealing Council Directive 93/75/EEC, in particular.
Enhancement of administrative and technical efficiency of Maritime Administration in monitoring and management of vessels, flag state implementation and port waste reception facilities evaluation.
Project Phase 2 is composed of activities that are logical continuation of some of the activities and results provided in the Project Phase 1. It will apply:
- Supply and setting up the radar sub-system
- Supply and setting up the VHF Communication sub-system
- Continuation of twinning project
- Port Reception facility study
- Technical Assistance
These are main results of the project:
- Vessel traffic monitoring and management system covering the East Adriatic area is to be fully operational and available to the Croatian maritime administration,
- Existing systems (information support, AIS, etc.) used to ensure the required level of the safety of navigation and pollution prevention in the east Adriatic area become a part of the integrated monitoring and management system,
- The level of safety of navigation and pollution prevention increased through shortened response time in case of an emergency (accidents, pollutions) as well as through real-time traffic data processing (particularly in respect of identification of rogue vessels and tracking of non-SOLAS ships, recreational boats and yachts),
- Data exchange system interconnected with similar systems in neighbouring countries as well as data distribution system capable to communicate with information systems of relevant data users and providers (governmental bodies and agencies, port authorities, etc.) are in place.