1. Geotechnical structures
- correlation assumptions and conditions of application modulus,
- static and dynamic tests,
- geosynthetic and light materials in construction of roads,
- behaviour of recycled materials under dynamic loading.
2. Concrete and concrete construction
- changes in cement microstructure and mechanical and physical properties of concrete caused by their aging,
- methods of testing fresh concrete mixtures intended for the production of self-compacting concrete.
3. The microstructure of the asphalt in relation to the preparation of samples for scanning by electron microscope (SEM)
- monitoring asphalts, which crucially affect the physical properties of bituminous binders,
- development of electron microscope to study the microstructure of asphalt.
4. Diagnosis of concrete structures using acoustic emission and radar
- application of non-destructive methods (NDM) for assessment of the transport infrastructure,
- practical verification of new techniques for tests in the laboratory and then in-situ.
5. Transfer of technology and management systems in transport infrastructure
- participation in COST, INGO ERUREKA and the transport infrastructure, usually through national projects to the actions subsidized by the Czech Ministry of Education,
- participation in the project of the 6th Framework programme, involving relevant issues.