Despite the fast development of technologies & standards for vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication, deployment of corresponding services is slow and fragmented. The few existing connected-vehicle services are typically proprietary and few offer truly Europe-wide coverage or interoperability.
A new approach is needed that advanced information & communication technologies, for the benefit of (i) users, by offering a one-click gateway to a universe of mobility services; and (ii) providers, by supporting existing back-office processes and opening the door to all MOBiNET-enabled users’ devices.
MOBiNET provides automatic and semi-automatic search and Billing & Clearing facilities enabling to easily find applications that dynamically use local time & location-based services and data to realize best travelling experience.
To B2B users, MOBiNET provides a model to extend their services by having access to data from other MOBiNET providers, and allowing other service providers to access their data, will increase the usability for the end-user and extend their business throughout Europe.
MOBiNET will develop solutions for both business (B2B) users and end (B2C) users (e.g. drivers and travellers):
- Drivers and travellers will have one-click access to a comprehensive directory of Europe-wide mobility and transport-related data and services;
- an e-Marketplace as an e-commerce network linking end users, content- and service-providers;
- single sign-on membership and billing account for end users valid for transport services throughout Europe;
- an open business environment will enable members of MOBiNET B2B Supplier Community to add third-party content and services contract-free to their own products;
- a platform-independent agent on end-user devices, including access to a MOBiNET App Store and an intelligent communication & connectivity manager that hosts end-user services;
- a Service Development Kit to enable easy creation of MOBiNET user services and a set of uniform Reference Services suitable for Europe-wide deployment, guaranteeing widespread availability and interoperability.
The features of the MOBiNET platform are mainly represented by the features of the individual components, but there are two significant high level features to consider:
- Multi-vendor Business-to-business E-Marketplace - The MOBiNET platform can offer this market as an orchestration of services and facilities of the platform. Potentially all service providers offer their services to either end-users or business users (service provider). This can lead to complex service networks that allow to target complex and broad (e.g. European-wide) transport and mobility services. MOBiNET’s service eco system could be used to foster a new type of services that aggregate information or broker between services.
- Easy (simple) deployment and operation of service - The MOBiNET platform can focus on covering all process steps to deploy and operate. This can be achieved by relieving a service provider from all tasks that are not really its core business interest. Especially billing, heterogeneity in infrastructure and rollout of services on mobile devices can be targeted.
- Establishment of 7 Mobility Centres in 5 European countries (IT, ES, PT, SE, GR).
- Introduction and deployment of the participatory approach and the private public partnership for the organisation and implementation of the local activities.
- Effective involvement of the various stakeholders so that they make a mobility survey (with a good return rate); make a mobility plan; implement the actions resulting from the mobility plan; identify a mobility manager that cooperates with the Mobility Centre
- Development of a mobility management survey tool, a useful tool for the community of mobility managers and an additional module to the open source community of Limesurvey.org. Development of a series of sustainable mobility services at a local level raising awareness among the local population on sustainable mobility. Training of the local stakeholders and policy makers on the subject of sustainable mobility.