The main aim is to contribute to increasing traffic safety on the selected road sections through a traffic safety inspection carried out byroad safety experts.
The secondary aim is to reach as many stakeholders with pilot actions as possible, while also developing national road safety inspection methodology and a corresponding GIS database.
Pilot action in road safety audit and road inspection, involved stakeholders: Local municipalities – Budaörs, Budakeszi, Police – Pest County Police Department, NGO - National Association for Cyclists
- experts: Road operators; Transport psychologists; Academic experts; Road safety researchers; Central Statistical Office, External experts from Austria and Czech Republic
- decision makers: Ministry for National Development, National Accident Prevention Committee
- in-kind contributors: Local media
Impacted population with the pilot action: estimated at the number of inhabitants in Budaörs and Budakeszi, approximately 45.000 people
collaboration with stakeholders (police, municipality, road management companies, etc.)
- Data collection through road surveying with camera and GPS and accident data
- Public opinion survey
- Road safety audit and road safety inspection training with the involvement of local governmental experts
- Identification of black spots on the secondary network
- Road safety inspection with the cooperation of internal and external experts
Ex-ante evaluation to measure the pilot impact
- Creating a strategy that will identify responsible agencies, set objectives, list priorities for action.
- Low cost infrastructure improvement recommendations to calm traffic and improve facilities for vulnerable road users
- Targeted dissemination campaign – in progress
- Ex-post evaluation to measure the pilot impact