The project addresses efficiency and effectiveness of the North Sea Region transport freight. To secure the NSR as a global competitor, the project develops an intelligent transport solution (ITS), which will improve accessibility, reduce environmental damage in the North Sea Region and enable the NSR to develop a dynamic logistics solution which is scalable across the EU.
As the main result, the project will develop a multi-lingual electronic communication and data capture system for the freight supply chain to provide information to end users, transport managers, freight handlers about the conditions in the area that they are about to enter. Thereby the project aims to improve efficiency, safety and security in the supply chain of the NSR and promotes the development of efficient and effective logistics solutions.
- Identifying the requirements of NS FRITS system users, sourcing data and recruiting relevant data providers. NS FRITS engaged with stakeholders via seminars, workshops and surveys to identify key information required by system users. Results are captured in the NS FRITS System Requirements document. Once requirements had been identified and prioritised, data suppliers were sourced and recruited to participate in NS FRITS. This is documented in the Identification of NS FRITS Data Sources and Data Types document.
- Development of a multi-lingual intelligent transport solution for commercial drivers and their managers The NS FRITS system is available in six languages and is accessible by commercial drivers and their managers as they work and travel across the North Sea Region. The NS FRITS System Manual provides a step-by-step guide on how to operate the NS FRITS system.
- Development of screen media which can be placed at key strategic points within the North Sea Region NS FRITS screen media can be placed at key points along transport corridors providing location specific information to commercial drivers
- Communication of the projects results and activities, charting success from launch to completion NS FRITS conducted a comprehensive and successful communication campaign which raised awareness of the projects activities and results to a diverse target audience. The NS FRITS Communication and Dissemination report documents and evaluates the campaign.
- Development of a transnational public-private sector partnership NS FRITS created a successful public-private partnership which worked collaboratively to achieve the projects aims and objectives.