The PoSE includes the expertise of European and Asian infrastructure managers. Currently most of the European infrastructure managers are represented by their heads of Structures or Civil Engineering Departments or important engineers in this field. Asian colleagues from Japan (RTRI) and Korea (KORAIL/KRRI) are participating regularly at the meetings. These meetings are organised regularly in spring each year in Paris and in autumn at various locations of the member railways.
The PoSE project is mainly working on the following items:
- The engineering of existing bridges, tunnels and earthworks
- Maintaining the current knowledge of railway specific sciences and upgrading the UIC leaflets
- Support of CEN CEN European Committee for Standardization Controls activities in the field of civil engineering structures for railways, especially
- regarding dynamic and aerodynamic influences
- regarding the exceeding of rolling stock masses of existing load models
- Preparing basic research projects to understand and develop the basics of future railway requirements