MaaSive continues and complements the work accomplished within previous projects, ATTRACkTIVE and Co-Active, in the areas of travel shopping, trip tracking, booking and ticketing, and the development of a travel companion. The project not only will enhance and provide extra functionalities to the existing IP4 ecosystem, but also makes emphasis in the compatibility of this ecosystem with the Mobility as a Service approach.
The project will address the following objectives:
- enhance the existing IP4 functionalities and integrate new modes in the IP4 ecosystem, in order to demonstrate its capability to work at European level covering all modes and functionalities demanded by the users.
- integrate a compatible approach to include MaaS in the IP4 ecosystem, assuring that the orchestration, the functionalities and the business rules developed in previous projects are compatible with the MaaS paradigm. Emphasize and incentivize the integration of rail in the current MaaS approaches, which are mainly urban, in order to foster its use.
- provide compatibility with existing legacy systems for operators joining the eco-system, but also propose new technologies to smooth interoperability among systems.
- improve the functionalities that the IP4 ecosystem offers to the service providers joining it, by making available generic components that could be used by them, specially aimed for small operators and service providers.
- enrich the Customer Experience by innovating on the traveller´s interface, experiences and services. Offer new possibilities of interaction with the Travel Companion such as mixed reality and voice interaction, as well as new functionalities for managing several profiles and group travelling.
- offer the passenger information about policies for cancellation, compensation, refund, exchange etc related to their trips, as well as automate as much as possible automate passengers' rights transactions that need to take place in situations of delays or cancellations.
- complement contractual specifications and tools, considering not only co-modal travel but also intermodal and the MaaS approach. Create mobility packages and offer travellers Best Price Options adapted to their use of transport.