Planning model for the urban district of Naples involving local use of the FS rail network and reopening of disused lines.
The project studied an innovative model in two parts. The first regards the intent of the National Railways to potentiate its role of providing a service for local public transportation. The second regards the exploitation of the "junctions" in the system, which make up the railway stations.
The project operated as following:
- Sustaining the development of a strategy to improve the urban environment
- Political proposition for a renewed territorial structure.
The objectives can be summarized as the following:
- An overall reduction in public mobilization by allocating residential dwellings, public services, shopping centers, etc. in along the junctions in disuse
- A reduction in air and noise pollution
- A regeneration of urban terrain into future railway stations