Powerfull Advanced N-Level Digitalization Architecture for models of electrified vehicles and their components
To face the climate change, tens of millions of electrified vehicles need to be deployed in the next decade. To meet this challenge, the automotive industry must shift mass production from thermal to electrified vehicles. The challenge is further complicated by electrified vehicles having more components and architectures than thermal vehicles. Realizing this paradigm shift is only possible if there are innovative methods to significantly reduce their development and testing time.
The main goal of PANDA is to provide a unified organisation of digital models to seamlessly integrate virtual and real testing of all types of electrified vehicles and their components. The complexity of developing electrified vehicles becomes manageable by delivering a modular simulation framework. Development partners can share models (in open or in black-box form), avoiding sensitive IP issues and greatly increasing the development flexibility. The proposed method will enable:
- an easy reuse of models for different development tasks,
- a replacement of real tests by virtual tests, and
- real-time testing on vehicle level. This method will be integrated in a multi-power open platform based on existing industrial software, enabling Stand-Alone or Cloud Computing.
The method will be validated using two existing vehicles (a BEV and a FCV). Also, real and virtual tests of the integrated electrical subsystems of an innovative P-HEV will be performed.
PANDA will reduce the time-to-market of electrified vehicles by 20%, by harmonizing the interaction between the models. In addition, the seamless integration will give developers access to other subsystem models, which will decrease the correlation efforts on components by 20%. The open platform will:
- make it easier for OEMs, suppliers, SMEs and research institutions to interact and
- enable a fair competition. These innovations will make the European market more flexible, more open to innovation and ultimately more competitive.