Following aims should be obtained during the project:
- to create conditions for ensuring quality service focusing on its economic, social, environmental and health impacts in the context of sustainable development principles.
- to achieve sustainable levels of transport energy use and reduce greenhouse gas emissions from transport.
- to reduce pollutant emissions from the transport to levels that minimize effects on human health or the environment.
- to reduce noise emissions from the transport to levels that minimize effects on human health or the environment.
- to increase the transport safety.
- or improvement the health of the population develop infrastructure for non-motorized transport, cycling and pedestrian infrastructure.
- to remove progressively barriers to the movement of the people with limited mobility or limited orientation.
- to reduce the adverse effects of the transport infrastructure on environmental issues.
As a part of the project was carried out monitoring of selected areas - Protected Landscape Area Šumava and National Park Podyjí NPP - using the set of indicators characterizing the impact of transport infrastructure development on the environment.
The indicators were divided into 3 areas that characterize natural and geographic conditions, including the characteristics of the transport infrastructure, demographic and economic conditions and living and cultural environment:
Within the project technical documents were prepared for updating National Strategy for Sustainable Development of the Transport.