The implantation of advanced communications systems through Internet in transport sector companies is an innovative practice that increases day-by-day. Nevertheless, access to the information society is still very small, underestimating the possibilities that these types of technologies could offer in order to make the management of companies more flexible, obtaining and treating information that could optimise their operation and open new business possibilities.
Considering the possibilities that the Information Society offers to the transport sector, the development of the project focuses on the following objectives:
- To facilitate the assimilation of advanced information technologies (Internet) to SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) in the transport sector.
- To support the introduction of technological innovations in the transport sector.
- To improve the specific services that can exist for SMEs in the transport sector, within new advanced information systems.
The methodology used for the execution of this project is as follows:
1. Documentation: a specific study and survey on existing communication technologies applied to the transport sector will be developed, as well as a revision of the technological advances of recent developments in the communication field applicable to the sector.
- A Final Conclusions Report will be published
- Information Days
- Diagnoses to Companies, on demand, will be run, as well as viability studies with possible suitable solutions and with the definition of a final solution
- Info day;
- Dissemination actions to promote the use of the Advanced Services of Telecommunications in the Transport Sector.