Rapid Metropolitan Railway in Bydgoszcz-Torun metropolitan area and integration of urban transport systems
Original Language Title: Szybka Kolej Metropolitalna w bydgosko-toruńskim obszarze metropolitalnym BiT-City oraz integracja systemów transportu miejskiego
The objectives of the project are as follows:
- To operate five modern trains on upgraded railway line with 32 pairs of trains per day between Torun and Bydgoszcz - every 30 minutes at peak and every 60 minutes at other times of the day.
- A new Bydgoszcz Błonie stop will be completed (with a changeover station, while the route of one of the bus lines will be modified, so as to direct it to the railroad role).
- The project will create two interchanges, one in Torun and the other in Bydgoszcz.
- The construction of the tram line to Fordon, 9.5 km is planned
- The revitalization of Bydgoszcz Leśna stop (along with the reconstruction of the road system) and the refurbishment of the Bydgoszcz Bielawa stop will be done.
- The modernization of the railway line from Toruń to Bydgoszcz and investment in urban transport in both cities will cause, according to estimates, the time taken from the Old Market Square in Bydgoszcz to Horzyca Theater in Torun will be reduced from 105 to 75 min.
The "BiT City" project includes the following tasks:
• Improvement of the metropolitan ticket system;
• Integration of urban transport systems with the purchase of low-floor tramway rolling stock in Toruń;
• Construction of viaducts and railway stops;
• Construction of a tram line in Bydgoszcz to Fordon;
• purchase of rolling stock;
• Revitalization of Toruń railway line - Bydgoszcz.
The total value of these projects is 1.33 billion PZ.