Public bus transport systems are becoming more and more vulnerable to various threats and risks of terrorist attacks. The general objective of SAFE BUS is to advance safety and security in public bus networks by bringing around the table special security services and the public transport sector, making sure that all transport providers have access to knowledge about transport safety and emergency procedures.
Coordinated by UITP, the project will introduce new training initiatives on the security of public bus transportation systems for both managers and bus drivers, enrich safety procedures and implement ready to use recommended solutions.
Furthermore, SAFE BUS will contribute to creating joint concepts in the field of security and harmonised standards for public spaces management for European Union countries.
The SAFE BUS projects aims to complete the following objectives:
- Contribute to strengthening awareness raising activities on safety and security by introducing new training initiatives non the security of public bus transportation systems.
- Enriching safety procedures and implementation of ready to use recommended solutions.
- Strengthening cooperation between special services and public transport providers.
- Identification and enrichment of existing knowledge about the public transport safety system.
- Creation of conditions where all transport providers have access to knowledge about transport safety and emergency procedures.
- Promotion and implementation of best practices in a wide range of EU countries.
- The implementation of ready-to-use e-learning courses.