The Action is part of a Global Project to improve the security of passenger ports on the cross-border link between Turku and Stockholm.
Its main objective is to improve the security of the regular passenger ferry traffic between the ports of Turku and Stockholm, along the TEN-T Scandinavian-Mediterranean Core Network Corridor, through digitalisation.
The Action will ensure sustainable, safe and efficient maritime transport in the long run. After the end of the Action, the best solutions and piloted technologies will be implemented on a larger scale in the new joint passenger terminal in the Port of Turku. The successful results will be also shared with the wider maritime community in Europe.
The Action encompasses:
- Mapping and piloting suitable technical solutions for digital registration of passengers and their identity in passenger terminals.
- Study on the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) roles and responsibilities in a port.
- Mapping and piloting available technologies for screening and remote detection of stowaways and dangerous items in passenger terminals.
- Study on passenger harbour security concept in the Port of Turku.
- Pilot on high-speed broadband 5G network in the passenger harbour in the Port of Turku.