The project is aiming to improve the containers’ tracking through systematic approach and standardized security procedures that will enable the immediate and automatic identification and tracking of a sealed container during its transportation between different container terminals.
- To increase cooperation levels among port authorities.
- To identify and prototype the business processes involved in the security procedures of containers in each port.
- To realise online monitoring and security surveillance.
- Evaluation of the existed container handling processes both at —intra“ and —inter“ port activities.
- Identification of common security threats regarding the container handling procedures.
- Assessment of users / decision makers’ requirements regarding the monitoring and securing of containers handling based on the existed EU regulations.
- Development of reference models that standardize the required steps of the port activities for the containers’ monitoring and securing.
- Development of a web application that monitors the handling of the containers that move across the maritime supply chain of the partners’ port authorities.
- Pilot operation and evaluation of the web application for containers‘ monitoring and securing.