The present Action contributes to SESAR (Single European Sky ATM Research) and it is aimed at facilitating the coordinated and synchronised deployment of 87 implementation initiatives within 5 of the 6 Air Traffic Management Functionalities (AFs) identified by the Pilot Common Project supporting the implementation of the Air Traffic Management Master Plan.
- AF1 Extended Arrival Management and Performance Based Navigation in high density Terminal Manoeuvring Area implementation,
- AF2 Airport Integration and Throughput implementation,
- AF3 Flexible Airspace Management and Free Route implementation,
- AF4 Network Collaborative Management implementation,
- AF5 Initial System-Wide Information Management implementation.
The Action will be implemented by 45 beneficiaries in 23 Member states plus Norway and Bosnia Herzegovina.