The PJ07-W2 Optimised Airspace Users Operations (OAUO) aims at defining and validating improved Airspace Users processes and tools related to their interaction with the ATM Network Operations in SESAR 2020. The current ATM environment based on static flight plans is evolving through SESAR towards Trajectory Based Operations (TBO) in order to improve Airports and ATM Network performance.
PJ07-W2 shall develop and validate the following three SESAR Solutions:
- Solution PJ.07-W2-38 Enhanced integration of AU trajectory definition and network management processes;
- Solution PJ.07-W2-39 Collaborative framework managing delay constraints on arrivals;
- Solution PJ.07-W2-40 Mission trajectories management with integrated Dynamic Mobile Areas (DMA) Type 1 and Type 2.
PJ07-W2 addresses the following objectives:
- develop requirements and validate procedures and workflows for Flight/Wing Operations Centre to interact with ATM stakeholders and especially with the Network Management Function (NMF), with regard to trajectory definition, and to ensure continuity in the Collaborative Decision Making (CDM) process throughout the trajectory life-cycle;
- smoothly integrate AU Priorities and Preferences in collaborative processes at Airports and in Network Demand Capacity Balancing (DCB) processes, allowing those processes to perform multi-criteria optimization tasks involving many stakeholders;
- develop high level of automation to reduce the need for Airspace Users and flow managers to intervene through intensive coordination, which is critical for integrated processes to work on an operational scale;
- improve the interoperability between AUs and the NMF Operations;
- allow AU Flight Operations to provide the ATM NMF with the most accurate input on the true demand at any time (at planning phase);
- get from NMF an improved, harmonised picture of the ATM constraints for evaluating their impact on operations;
- refine and validate the Mission Trajectory and the DMA concepts.