SIMPLI-CITY The Road User Information System of the Future
Today the mobile internet is available almost everywhere. Nevertheless, the impact of this evolution has not arrived yet in road user information systems, apart from very few exceptions.
SIMPLI-CITY – The Road User Information System of the Future will foster the usage of full-fledged road user information systems – helping drivers to make their journey safer, more comfortable, and more environmentally friendly.
SIMPLI-CITY will provide a holistic framework, which structures and bundles potential services that could deliver data from the various sources to road user information systems as well as allow road users to make use of the data and to integrate it into their driving experience. The main components of the SIMPLI-CITY system are:
- Mobility Service Framework: A next-generation Europe-wide service platform allowing the creation of mobility-related services as well as the creation of corresponding Apps. This will enable third party providers to produce a wide range of interoperable, value-added services, and Apps for road users.
- Mobility-related Data as a Service: A framework for the integration of various different data sources like sensors, cooperative systems, telematics, open data repositories, people-centric sensing, and media data streams, so that these data can be accessed and utilised in a unified way.
- Personal Mobility Assistant: An end user assistant that allows road users to make easy use of the information provided by Apps and to interact with them based on a speech recognition approach.
- Vienna University of Technology, Institute for Information Systems, Distributed Systems Group (AT)
- ASCORA (DE)
- Talkamatic (SE)
- FGM-AMOR (AT)
- SRM (IT)
- TIE KINETIX (NL)
- IBM (IE)
- Technical University Darmstadt (DE)
- worldline (ES)
- CRF (IT)