Smart and Inclusive Solutions for a Better Life in Urban Districts
The SMARTER TOGETHER project’s overarching vision is to find the right balance between smart technologies and organisational governance dimensions in order to deliver smart and inclusive solutions and to improve citizen’s quality of life.
The project gathers the European Lighthouse cities Lyon, Munich, Vienna, the Follower cities Santiago de Compostela, Sofia, Venice as well as Kyiv and Yokohama as observer cities, which bring the perspective of East Europe and Asia.
SMARTER TOGETHER delivers five clusters of co-created, smart and integrated solutions:
• living labs for citizens' engagement
• district heating and renewable energy sources (RES) for low energy districts
• holistic refurbishment for low energy districts addressing public and private housing
• Smart Data management platform and smart services
• e-mobility solutions for sustainable mobility.
A large-scale replication of the results of the project will be prepared in the Lighthouse cities, the Follower cities, which already selected their target area, as well as a group of 15-20 other cities ensuring a broad geographical and climate coverage. Commercial exploitation will be enhanced by the development of new business models for widespread use by the stakeholders.
LE GRAND LYON