The aim of the project was to provide an analysis of the Czech legislative regulating the social policy in public transport.
The following groups of potential public transport passengers were analysed:
- Elderly people
- Mentally disabled people
- Physically disabled people
- Hearing impaired people
The rights of disabled people were summarized and analysed in the Czech Republic and in EU countries.
A study analysing situation in the field of public transport for special groups of passengers in the Czech Republic and in EU countries was worked out.
The study contained for example:
- Analysis of ticketing systems for elderly people in the Czech Republic
- Overview of possibilities for using of taxi services by hearing impaired people
- Analysis of the accessibility of public transport terminals for disabled people
- Analysis of the rights of disabled people in the field of PT in the Czech Republic and in EU according to the legislation.
The study has produced a complex overview of the situation in various groups of passengers using public transport in the Czech Republic.
This project is a supporting tool for the social policy makers in the Czech Republic.