Start-up activities for Advanced Signalling and Automation Systems
X2Rail-1 addresses the S2R-CFM-IP2-01-2015 “Start-up activities for Advanced Signalling and Automation System” call issued by the Shift2Rail Joint Undertaking as part of the Innovation Programme 2 “Advanced Traffic Management & Control Systems”.
The X2Rail-1 project aims to research and develop six selected key technologies to foster innovations in the field of railway signalling and automation systems towards a flexible, real-time, intelligent traffic management and decision support system.
The actions to be undertaken in the scope of X2Rail-1 are related to the following specific objectives:
- To overcome the limitations of the existing communication systems by adapting radio communication systems which establish the backbone for the next generation advanced rail automation systems.
- To improve the usable track capacity by introducing more Automatic Train Operation (ATO) systems and Moving Block systems.
- To innovate the signalling architectures towards more decentralized and less cost intensive systems by incorporating Moving Block systems and Smart Wayside Objects.
- To minimize energy consumption and to improve train punctuality through more extensive use of Automatic Train Operation (ATO) systems.
- To increase innovation in the field of lab testing by developing architectures for new lab test systems and simulations for control, command and communication systems in order to reduce costs.
- To ensure security among all connected signalling and control systems by developing new cyber security systems dedicated to railways.
- To ensure the backward compatibility of ERMTS/ETCS technologies, notwithstanding of the required functional enrichment of the future signalling and control systems.
ALSTOM TRANSPORT SA - France
ANSALDO STS S.p.A. - Italy
AZD PRAHA SRO - Czech Republic
BOMBARDIER TRANSPORTATION SWEDEN AB - Sweden
CAF SIGNALLING S.L - Spain
ASOCIACION CENTRO TECNOLOGICO CEIT-IK4 - Spain
DEUTSCHE BAHN AG
DEUTSCHES ZENTRUM FUER LUFT - UND RAUMFAHRT EV - Germany
SCHWEIZERISCHE BUNDESBAHNEN SBB AG - Switzerland
RAILENIUM - France
HACON INGENIEURGESELLSCHAFT MBH - Germany
INDRA SISTEMAS SA - Spain
KAPSCH CARRIERCOM AG - Austria
MER MEC SPA - Italy
NETWORK RAIL INFRASTRUCTURE LIMITED - United Kingdom
SNCF RESEAU - France
THALES TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS GMBH - Germany
TRAFIKVERKET - TRV - Sweden