Ukraine has a proud heritage in aeronautics dating from the Soviet era. It is one of the few countries in the world to have research, engineering and production capabilities across a wide range of aeronautics technologies. Despite these strengths, the participation of Ukrainian aeronautics actors in the EC's research framework programmes (FP6) was very small.
The objective of the AERO-UKRAINE project is to facilitate research co-operation between aeronautics actors from the EU and Ukraine.
The project will achieve this via a range of activities:
- Assessing and publicising the aeronautics collaboration potential between the EU and Ukraine. This involves mapping the Ukrainian aeronautics actors, reporting on opportunities for Ukrainian aeronautics actors in the EU and production of a White Paper on aeronautics R&D in the Ukraine;
- Raising awareness and understanding of EU aeronautics collaborative research. This involves organizing FP7 aeronautics events in Ukraine that combine awareness-raising, training and networking with EU aeronautics actors. It also involves Ukrainian aeronautics actors presenting their aeronautics research at aeronautics events in the EU;
- Supporting participation in FP7 aeronautics research. This involves establishing an FP7 Aeronautics NCP in Ukraine and supporting Ukrainian aeronautics organizations to join consortia preparing FP7 research proposals.
AERO-UKRAINE's measurable results include:
- White Paper on aeronautics R&D in the Ukraine;
- Website and publicly available information about 50+ aeronautics actors in Ukraine;
- Organization of 2 FP7 aeronautics events in Ukraine;
- Participation in 3 aeronautics events in the EU;
- Establishment of an FP7 Aeronautics NCP in Ukraine;
- Support to 6+ Ukrainian aeronautics actors to join consortia preparing FP7 research proposals;
- Organization of final dissemination conference in Kiev.
Support Ukrainian participation in FP7 aeronautics research
Help to address several current EU policy objectives relating to Ukraine (e.g. integration into European Research Area, influence future EU-Ukraine S&T cooperation policy)
4. The external dimension
The results of this project have been implemented