The COMPETENCE Project aimed to enhance the transport know-how of management agencies and their abilities to propose, manage and implement projects. 21 local/regional agencies of almost all European countries were actively involved and transfer their competences nationally. The project had three main tasks:
- Design training and teaching materials and carry out national and international training sessions
- Consolidation of know-how through the implementation of training case studies
- Know-how transfer/dissemination
The COMPETENCE Project used an approach foreseeing training at different levels during its running time.
First level: 19 partners from 14 European countries will be trained in 3 European training sessions (type 'Train the trainer course'). These partners will act as trainers in their own countries to transfer the best bites of the European training contents to other interested agencies in their own language.
The curriculum covers various aspects of transport and energy savings, European policies / programmes, and didactics. It bases on a preliminary analysis of needs and demands.
All trainers for the European training sessions are experts with high level of practical experience.
The COMPETENCE Project produced the following results:
- An online information portal with downloads and different courses
- Training materials for 11 different language groups
- Four European Training Sessions by high-level experts with many years of practice
- Trained 41 European Trainers so that they can spread what has been learnt by this project
- Established National Know How Transfer Activities in fourteen European countries.
Contributed to transport safety.