The project tested the use of aqueous polymer dispersions (called activator) to the processing of coal combustion products (UPS) for the manufacture of materials used for road construction. The project was implemented on the basis of the Patent No. 207,759.
The patented technology makes it possible to modify the composition of mixtures of ash and cement through the use of aqueous polymer dispersions which allows the production of materials characterised by higher mechanical strength than the corresponding starting materials, and above all it makes possible to significantly increase the content of UPS in these mixtures, while maintaining the strength of materials.
The project completed 6 major tasks:
1. synthesis, preparation and determination of physico-chemical properties of aqueous polymer dispersions AK_1, AK_2 and AK_3.
2. Construction of a pilot technological line with the adaptation of a closed medium spray with the optimisation of its operation.
3. Laboratory tests components of mixtures of fly ash and cement.
4. Preparation of mixtures of ash and cement and fly ash cement with the addition of activator (AK_1, AK_2, AK_3).
5. Determining the optimal and most rational addition of a stabiliser AK_1, AK_2, AK_3.
6. Research selected ash-cement mixture from the optimum content of activator based on the cement content