Goal of Sub-Project A is to state the final results of the Lufthansa Systems subproject “Trusted Traveller” in the framework of the project S3 (Safety seat to seat). The final results are to be communicated clearly to the project sponsor National Aeronautics and Space Research Centre of the Federal Republic of Germany (DLR) and the grant authority (Ministry of Economics and Technology).
The following tasks were worked on during the project:
- Biometrical processes in the E-business area (2004)
- Deployment of biometrical identification systems for the passenger handling process and development of innovative process variations (2005)
- Market analysis of status and issues with biometrical passenger handling processes (2005)
- Impact of the deployment of passenger profiling against the background of future safety requirements in civil aviation (2005)
- Economic framework for the deployment of CUSS automatic machine technology (2005)
Despite the conduct of a planned live test of the biometrical boarding and a new aviation security conference in Hong Kong, all goals of Lufthansa Systems during the S3 project Trusted Traveller could be achieved.
Findings of the study are published in detail by a final report (German only) which is available online via https://www.tib.eu/suchen/download/?tx_tibsearch_search%5Bdocid%5D=TIBKAT%3A539048003&tx_tibsearch_search%5Bsearchspace%5D=tn&cHash=efcd6ffeb5c66889e5280898ab2d2e18#download-mark