The SuperGreen (SG) Action contributes to the implementation of Directive 2014/94/EU on the deployment of alternative fuels infrastructure. The objective is to bring forward a holistic approach towards the electrification and utilization of alternative fuels of shipping in Greece.
The activities of the Action are:
- To construct and put in operation 3 all-electric commuter vessels
- To construct and put in operation a hybrid (LNG/Electric) catamaran vessel
- To provide eventually three medium-sized type electric buses and one regular type electric bus for the users of the electric vessels and the hybrid catamaran vessel
- To provide on Piraeus Port the means for LNG bunkering & battery charging
- To create an IT platform providing services to the users of the transport means supported by the Action.
The completion of the Action will, as a result, minimise the possible adverse effects that the operation of vessels and buses has on the natural and urban environment, via the use of LNG and electricity as a source of power.