The TRANSNEW project focussed on mapping the transport research potential in all New Member and Associated States.
The project covered all transport modes, including aeronautics, and exploited the synergies between air transport and surface transport. This means that the national transport research capability for 26 countries were to be defined. This information will be available to everyone, through the download of reports (country, regional and mode reports) and the use of a publicly accessible user-friendly database.
The objective of the TRANSNEW project was to develop an international database that highlights the strengths and weaknesses in transport research, both country and region wide.
To achieve the overall goals of the project the work was separated into eight Work Packages. Work Packages 1-5 cover the country specific research whilst the other three Work packages are Mode Specific, Dissemination and the database.
As per December 2011, this database has become available for public access at the project website. It will enable networking and partner searching. The database will continue to grow after the life of the project, as information can be added by interested parties.
The international 'TransNEW' database has been developed. It contains information about organisations and researchers involved in transport research. Organisations can insert data about projects concerning transport research. This information is available for public use.
Organisations (usually someone representing the organisation) and researchers can add information to this international transport database. All information will become available to the public. Note that data management is available only to registered users.
The TransNEW international transport research database offers a one-stop-shop website for information on how to get involved in EU transport related projects. The project encourages European SME's to join the database. The combined information allows SME's to start networking and searching for partners. In brief, the advantages for being included in TransNEW database include:
- searching partners for the formation of consortia (national, EU);
- advanced search for partners by transport mode (e.g. road, rail, aeronautics or waterborne);
- documentation of researchers, organisations and SME's involved in transport research;
- overview of local, national, regional and European projects carried out by researchers and organisations;
- knowledge transfer;
- it's a one-stop-shop providing information to start with EU projects.
- Innovating for the future (technology and behaviour): A European Transport Research and Innovation Policy
- Modern infrastructure and smart funding: Transport infrastructure (territorial cohesion and economic growth)