The main aim of this proposal is to improve the living and traffic conditions in the urban centres of Igoumenitsa, Brindisi and Gallipoli. The implementation of an advanced urban management system will provide several benefits. The objectives consist of the following:
- Creation of an interlinked urban traffic planning system in the three participating cities of this proposal.
- Development of an information database that will provide valuable feedback to the traffic authorities.
- Promotion of cross-border cooperation between Italy and Greece in the field of traffic management and urban planning.
- Exchange of best practices in traffic and pollution management on an intraregional and international level.
- Improvement of the quality of life for the residents and visitors of the three cities.
- Improvement of SMEs productivity by providing solutions to problems arising from traffic delays.