The strategic objective of the project is to increase the protection of transport routes - in this particular case of road infrastructure -, through the detection of dangerous phenomena that threaten road infrastructure and affect the safety and flow of traffic and its negative impacts. It is above all about reducing the impact of risks, both on its own infrastructure and its management. Infrastructure management is meant for its efficient maintenance and repair, and thus ensure its long-term durability.
Another goal of the project is to evaluate the threats to certain sections of road infrastructure and the cost of maintenance and repairs.
Finally, it is an effective and appropriate use of transport telematics applications, alert systems and systems for the protection of road infrastructure and traffic management.
The project includes:
- Enhanced protection for road infrastructure;
- System design and development options to extend the functionalities Unified Traffic Information System;
- Effective financing, maintenance and repair of road infrastructure;
- Effective financing of transport telematics;
- Improvement of the flow and safety of traffic with the effect of eliminating its negative impact.