This project is based on new technologies such as GPS, GSM, GIS, modern languages of RAD type software development.
It is in line with a general development tendency and is compliant with the European standards and regulations within the prospects of achievement of the GALILEO project (the European GPS network of satellites).
The system is open and allows subsequent developments and personalisations.
- Virtual movement and orientation on the map of Romania and the large cities;
- Localisation of all vehicles endowed with AVL (Automatic Vehicle Location) devices;
- Tracking in real time on the map of all moving vehicles;
- Interactive work with the map: localisation, path visualisation, analysis of the paths followed, selection of the optimum path;
- Online or local programming of the AVL devices mounted on vehicles;
- Online or local transfer of data and events from AVL devices onto a database;
- Graphical and functional configuration of the working environment;
- Telematical applications;
- Transmission of information on the status of defined parametres - 8 controlled inputs;
- Can action remote controls - 8 actions;
- Automatic transmission of alarm messages containing information on the monitored parametres to the dispatcher and, optionally, to other three mobile phones (the contents of the message can be personalised);
- Reports and statistics: allows editing of some statistical reports on movements of the vehicles and of events which have taken place in different time periods.
The design of the application is based on the original technology:
- it uses its own formats of vectorial maps requiring minimal resources, with great handling speeds;
- the application uses for communications more types of GSM services: SMS, data transfer, GPRS;
- the application is presented under three versions:
1. classical Desktop application,
2. standard web application (Weblication),
3. distributed web application.
- the application is open, the user can define his own functions and requirements.
The project achieved an integrated system of tracking, localisation and telemetry in real time of a flotilla of vehicles using GPS - GSM technologies.
The integrated system of tracking and localizing is composed mainly of:
- tracking equipment: a PC control centre, a GSM modem and the software to visualize the position and to give the commands, and
- AVL (Auto Vehicle Location) mobile units, which will be installed on the tracked vehicles, of the GSM network of communication or the VHF radio network, with localisation, data storage, communication and telematic functions. The transfer of the data stored can be made: online on GSM network (SMS for real time monitoring or data transfer) or through direct transfer to the PC on a serial conncection, upon vehicle return to departure.
The operator can configure the application and introduce new vehicles, communication parametres, phone numbers, passwords. Depending on the needs, the operator can:
• Calculate and establish the optimum route for a vehicle;
• Request the localisation of a vehicle;
• Track the movement of a vehicle on the map in real time;
• Analyse the routes followed;
• Requests the status of certain parametres or undertakes actions (telematics)
What it generates:
• Alignment to European techniques, methods and standards;
• A friendly, interactively and graphically operation manner;
• Location or surveillance of a vehicle in real time;
• Analysis of routes followed;
• Establishment of optimum routes;
• Information on the state of certain parametres of the vehicle;
• Distance actioning of certain parametres of the vehicle;
• No limitation of the monitored vehicles;
• A securisation of the system both by passwords and keys for communicating with the vehicles, as well as for using the application.
It optimises resource usage:
• Transport - a more efficient usage of vehicles;
• Fuel - consumption reduction through routes optimisation;
• Time - timing for using the vehicles and drivers' working time;
It increases the safety and security of the transport system.
No results directly relevant to this theme. However, please note that some findings relevant to the project's key theme (Intelligent Transport Systems) are generically applicable.
The project increases the safety and security and optimises resource usage of road transport as follows:
- Transport - a more efficient usage of vehicles;
- Fuel - consumption reduction through routes optimisation;
- Time - timing for using the vehicles and drivers' working time.
Intelligent Transport Systems
The project achieved an integrated system of tracking, localisation and telemetry in real time of a flotilla of vehicles using GPS - GSM technologies. The integrate