The European Union’s Treaty of Lisbon aims to disseminate and promote the research results produced within the Framework Programme in order to guarantee public awareness and share the benefits from invested resources. A central theme of the Treaty of Lisbon’s research policy is the establishment of a European Research Area (ERA) in which researchers, scientific knowledge and technology circulate freely.
The Transport Research and Innovation Portal (TRIP) aims to support this goal by bringing together transport research and policy-making inside and outside the EU. Its content targets policy makers at the local and national level, in the EU and beyond, researchers of transport and mobility, Regional Transportation District professionals, service providers, research users and citizens.
The main objectives that lie at the basis of the development of TRIP are twofold. The first objective is to improve access to knowledge in the European Research Area and beyond through the appropriate dissemination and promotion of the transport research results. The second objective is to reinforce the link between transport research and transport policy through the provision of accurate, timely and complete information on key deliverables of transport research projects.
TRIP gives an overview of research activities at European and national level. Country profiles provide a summary on the organisation of transport research in the European Research Area countries. The Programme and Project sections contain detailed information on national, European and international programmes and projects respectively.
A series of Policy Brochures and Thematic Research Summaries provide a broader overview of the research conducted at European level and its input into the policy-making process.
Finally, the project continuously disseminates its results as well as other outcomes of the transport research through different communication channels.
TRIP to date contains:
- An extensive Project Database presenting for each project the basic information (policy context, objectives, methodology and contact information), the funding mechanisms as well as the results for the finished projects (including their public deliverables).
- Country Profiles, presenting national institutions and organisations responsible for funding, promoting and supporting transport research
- Programmes for research and innovation in transport
- Policy Brochures presenting results of transport research according to policy topics and Transport Research Summaries on 24 transport themes
- Videos for each Policy Brochure
- News of the latest in transport research, policies and innovation, including monthly e-Newsletters
- Events Calendar of high-level international transport conferences