In this project 14 km of bike paths were planned, joining 4 independent cycleways into one 84 km long fully bike path network, crossing the border in two places, involving 18 settlements on both sides of the border, on both shores of the Szamos river. Also, through the project a model cycling base building was projected, which offers integrated solutions for all the needs of cycling tourism.
The main activities are:
- Planning service (measurement and site visit of the project area).
- Harmonizing opinions of partners and projectants.
- The checking up of resulted opinions with administrative authorities.
- The planning of cycleways and of the related objects and bicycle stopover.
- Completing the authorization process of plans by the authorities,
- Study elaboration (containing recommendations for bicycle traffic development of the area and of the settlements involved by the cycleways linked by the planned cycleways in the project).
- Equipment purchasing.
The direct beneficiaries of the project are those regional developers, who plan to develop the bicycle traffic in Romania or Hungary after the implementation of the project.