The ERA-NET Urban Accessibility and Connectivity proposal responds to the Horizon 2020 Societal Challenge “Smart, green and integrated transport” 2019 Call topic Supporting Joint Actions on sustainable urban accessibility and connectivity. EN-UAC is pooling resources from 22 research and innovation funding organizations of 16 countries to implement joint actions in the area of urban mobility, accessibility and connectivity. EN-UAC emerged from the JPI Urban Europe, the topic being a priority identified in its Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda.
EN-UAC aims to create and consolidate a transnational ecosystem for inter- and transdisciplinary research and innovation and enhanced science-policy cooperation to drive transitions towards such sustainable, inclusive models for urban accessibility and connectivity. This will be achieved by the following objectives:
- implement several joint calls for research and innovation projects that address cities’ needs, and ensure stakeholder involvement, offering cities, mobility, transport and logistic service providers and all urban stakeholders opportunities to experiment and co-create the approaches and solutions;
- use adapted call instruments to support research-driven as well as challenge-driven/innovation approaches, and help the alignment of existing, on-going research activities;
- facilitate wider communication, dissemination and exploitation of results towards policy makers, urban practitioners and citizens to enhance impact of EN-UAC projects in Europe and beyond;
- develop cooperation between JPI Urban Europe/EN-UAC actions and other EC funded actions like CIVITAS initiatives and ELTIS database;
- establish a community of research and practice to build capacities for transitions towards sustainable urban mobility and integrate other H2020, national and international projects into this community, taking advantage of the existing JPI Urban Europe programme management and stakeholder involvement platform.