ZBOX: THE NEXT GENERATION OF FOLDABLE CONTAINERS
The main goal of the project is to move on the concept of a foldable container to industrial readiness. NAVLANDIS has developed a suitable solution for foldable containers based on the Zbox folding mechanism (European Patent 3061707), already under a TRL 7 prototype. It guarantees a robust container with a limited number of moving parts that, thanks to its Z movement, requires less human effort, time and space to be completely folded and unfolded compared to the competitors, and allows to build the lightest foldable container.
Zbox Squeezes five containers into the volume of a traditional one, allowing to reduce 50% of operation costs, 80% of land for storage and 20% CO2 emissions.
During this phase 1, a feasibility study will be carried out with these objectives:
- Perform a technical viability plan including in depth analysis of the technical requirements for the obtaining of international certifications ISO 1456-1 and CSC.
- Study of the tasks to be performed in order to reduce costs of production through optimization of components, cheaper costs of procurement and economy of scale.
- In depth study of the possible manufacturer partners who may produce the containers in the expected amount and costs.
- Identify the major market risks and detailed analysis of commercial barriers to overcome during the project.
- Commercialization plan that will contain a deep analysis of our potential clients and markets.
In phase 2 around 120 foldable containers of three different standard measures will be built, with the aim of testing them in real conditions and certifying them in the standards of the container transport business.
After this industrial process, ZBOX containers will be proven on a specific and controlled route, to demonstrate the real performance of the containers in shipping lines, forwarders, industrial and leasing companies and the final commercialisation destiny.