Polis is pleased to be associated with the 2018 forum of the European ITS Platform, an ITS platform for national road authorities and stakeholders. Polis will be represented at the forum by the province of Utrecht at both political and officer level.
The theme of this year's conference is 'Traffic Management in a changing world Digitalization, Multimodality, Smart Infrastructures'. There will be many sessions and workshops covering the following areas:
- Trends and developments in automation in traffic management and traffic centres
- Evaluation, impacts and results of ITS
- What will happen on the road network with automated vehicles
- C-ITS deployment support for traffic managers
- Best practices in Traffic Management, Traffic Information Services and Freight & Logistics
- New technology to change traditional traffic management and creating services
- The potential of data to improve traffic management
The EU ITS Platform (EU EIP) is the place where national ministries, road authorities, road operators and partners from the private and public sectors from most EU Member States and neighbouring countries come together to cooperate to accelerate and optimise the deployment of ITS in Europe in a harmonised way.