Danish Transport Authority
Trafik- og Byggestyrelsen
The Danish Transport and Construction Agency is an agency within the Danish Ministry of Transport and Building. The purview of the Danish Transport and Construction Agency includes the following functions:
- The Danish Government's railway authority, responsible for regulation, planning, safety and transport co-ordination nationally and internationally.
- Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) in Denmark, Greenland and the Faroe Isles.
- Road traffic safety and environmental regulation for heavy and light vehicles and regulation of vehicle type approval and inspection.
- Regulation, approval and oversight regarding market access for railway, aviation and postal services.
- International relations regarding transport markets including representation in forums within the European Union, intergovernmental organizations and the coordination of EU-matters and –hearings.
- Adviser to the Ministry of Transport and Building on matters relating to transport policy and the strategic development of the transport sector.
- Licensing and transport-related training of personnel in the areas of railway, road and aviation.
- Collection of data and publishing statistical information regarding railway safety, punctuality, etc.
- Enforcement of Danish legislation regarding commercial road transport.
- Promotion of environmentally-friendly road transport.
Risk analysis: hazardous goods and freight train restrictions in the Danish fixed links
SOBER: Slow On the Bottle - Enjoy the Road