The Danish Transport and Construction Agency is an agency within the Danish Ministry of Transport and Building. The purview of the Danish Transport and Construction Agency includes the following functions:
- The Danish Government's railway authority, responsible for regulation, planning, safety and transport co-ordination nationally and internationally.
- Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) in Denmark, Greenland and the Faroe Isles.
- Road traffic safety and environmental regulation for heavy and light vehicles and regulation of vehicle type approval and inspection.
- Regulation, approval and oversight regarding market access for railway, aviation and postal services.
- International relations regarding transport markets including representation in forums within the European Union, intergovernmental organizations and the coordination of EU-matters and –hearings.
- Adviser to the Ministry of Transport and Building on matters relating to transport policy and the strategic development of the transport sector.
- Licensing and transport-related training of personnel in the areas of railway, road and aviation.
- Collection of data and publishing statistical information regarding railway safety, punctuality, etc.
- Enforcement of Danish legislation regarding commercial road transport.
- Promotion of environmentally-friendly road transport.