PREDIT 2: GT2.3
Design, production (thematic group 2.3)
Conception, production (groupe thématique 2.3)
International competition requires the implementation of innovative and environmentally friendly solutions. For years, industry has set quality at the heart of design and production processes. This step must also be applied to transport.
The priorities of this thematic group involve optimisation of production lead-time and costs, and use of new technologies.
This theme can be divided into three research categories:
- New materials (plastics and organic composites, light alloys, etc) and manufacturing and assembling processes as well as surfacing notably allowing improvements to performance and reductions in cost.
- Development of new methods of design, integration of functions and reduction of volume for the production of multifunctional subsets.
- Design, production and qualification tools encouraging a global approach system to reduce the design cycle and improve comfort.
See main programme form for Predit 2 for details.
Examples of projects are:
- Assistance in the design of mechatronic systems and their power
- Development and distribution of an ecodesign methodology for manufacturers of plastic automotive components
- Optimisation of the surface conditions of cylinder liners in order to reduce friction between segments, pistons and liners. Use of new
tools: surface analyses and mathematical morphology
- Optimisation and modelling of the RTM process to manufacture a door for a light-duty vehicle
- Reduction in hydrocarbon emissions due to permeation in vehicle fuel tanks
- Laser welding aluminium honeycomb panels.