The Electric Vehicle Demonstration Programme focusses on the driver's needs since their preferences and requests on technical requirements will determine the market. Through this method one can identify opportunities and eliminate possible barriers for large-scale introduction of electric vehicles in the Swedish market.
The Programme provides support to a number of different projects. Meanwhile the number of electric vehicles on the Swedish market is growing, and so is the number of vehicles sold.
The research areas of EVDP are as follows:
- Analysis on market development for various types of electric vehicles and their future affection on the market;
- Identification of bottlenecks and investigation of measures that can facilitate the introduction of electric vehicles;
- Assessment of strategic questions on where different vehicle types may give favourable effects;
- New application and business models for electric vehicles that can accelerate the market introduction;
- Analysis of the consequences of dependence on electric transportation;
- Analysis of the environmental impact of electric vehicles;
- Cost structures for charging systems;
- Project on charging infrastructure based on what users experience today when they purchase a electric vehicle and plug-in hybrids;
- Key drivers and barriers for transition to electric vehicles.
The programme is financed by the Swedish Energy Agency.
Besides the mentioned research areas in the 'Strategic Objectives', the programme also provides support for synthesis work and various market analyses in order to strengthen technological research.