PREDIT 3: G.O.1
Mobility, territories and sustainable development (Operational Group 1)
Mobilités, territoires et développement durable
The primary objective of this group is to help define transport policy at all decision-making levels, while favouring research in its own field. There is a particular focus in mobility regulation and the evolution of mode share, taking into account the diversity of land use and different spatial scales, but also reducing car dependency.
This Predit operational group aims at developing research in its field but also producing statistics and knowledge for public authorities at local and national levels. Its main objective is to help define transport policies in a sustainable development perspective. It focuses on means of mobility regulation, and evolution of mode share in favour of rail or 'slow modes', by implementing pricing, tolls, regulations, etc.
Five work fields have been defined:
- Best practices and representation of territories: analysis of evolution of lifestyles, consequences of an ageing population, reorganisation of urban space, impact of the development of new communication and information technologies
- Conditions for sustainable mobility: definition of sustainable mobility which encompasses quality of living in cities (accessibility, quality of air, etc)
- Car dependency: understand the mechanism of car dependency formation. Understanding this dependency in order to be able to reduce it.
- Contexts, tools and actors: analyse institutional context, available tools and roles of different actors and their evolution during previous years. The impacts of these evolutions will be analysed from a multidisciplinary point of view.
- Social issues regarding employees in transport companies (passenger and freight transport) such as training, work conditions, etc.
See main programme form for Predit 3 for details.
Examples of projects are:
- Prospective study for urban and interurban home-to-work journeys
- MOBISM: Development of a decision-support tool on forecast trends in urban mobility for 20 years
- Prospective elements for mobility which respects sustainable development
- PREDIM: Research and demonstration platform for multimodal information
- MOBIVIP: Public vehicles for individual use for mobility in town/city centres
- Telematic and multimedia platform for cars
- Critical aspects of economic calculation
- Dynamic simulation model for land-use and transport interactions in the Ile de France region. Application to the Tangentielle nord (northern tangent) rail link scheme
- Increase in travel time and cost: insights
- Monthly distribution of annual travelled distance with Kilomène
- Promoting a rail oriented urban development approach for urban regions in Germany and France
- Research for prospective study of daily mobility in urban areas
- The consumption of time-space of various modes of transport in urban areas
- Transaction costs, key player strategies and operator efficiency in urban passenger transport